Hatzenbach: A small river runs beside the track in this area.
Hocheichen: During the construction period, there had been huge oak forests at this point some of which had to be cut down.
Quiddelbacher Höhe: Back of a mountain nearby the village of Quiddelbach
Flugplatz: Glider airfield beside the race track.
Schwedenkreuz: Old wayside cross. The terms dates back to the period of the Sweden wars (thirty-years war from 1618 till 1648).
Aremberg: Designation for the nearby hill of the same name.
Fuchsröhre: Construction workers used to call this section Fuchsröhre as a fox had hidden for a longer time in one of the drain pipes in 1927 during the construction period.
Adenauer Forst: Forest area of the community of Adenau.
Metzgesfeld: Name of a field entered in the land register with an unknown origin and meaning.
Kallenhard: Name of a field entered in the land register with an unknown origin and meaning.
Wehrseifen: 'Seifen' is the Celtic word for valley.
Exmühle: Water course of a former mill. According to original plans, this was scheduled to be the site for the start and finish area. The mill owner, however, refused to provide the necessary plots of land.
Bergwerk: A silver mine had been in operation here up until the 18th century which was then closed due to non-profitability.
Kesselchen: The name came about during the construction period as the track passed through a deep circular valley at this point.
Klostertal: The section between Kesselchen and carousel. In the 14th century, there had been a Johanniter Order here.
Karussell: An extremely long, banked curve section as part of the track.
Hohe Acht: A hill nearby the circuit. With 746 metres, the highest point in the Eifel region.
Wippermann: Name of a field entered in the land register with an unknown origin and meaning.
Eschbach: Name of a field entered in the land register with an unknown origin and meaning.
Brünnchen: A headwaters area. At the turn of the century, this was the starting point for irrigation lines running from here to the community of Herschbroich.
Pflanzgarten: This used to be the place of gardens and growing fields of the Earls of Nürburg.
Schwalbenschwanz: This name was created by the construction workers in 1926. From a bird's eye view, this section looks like a swallowtail.
Galgenkopf: The former judgement site of the Earls of Nürburg. This is the place of the gallows where the public execution took place.
Antoniusbuche: Huge beech tree as a centuries-old landmark with an altar dedicated to Saint Antonius at its bottom.
Tiergarten: In former times the burial ground for the animals that died in combat.